Pay by Check or These Major Credit Cards:
This two-day course prepares existing Scrum Masters to take a leadership role in facilitating Agile team, program, and enterprise success in a SAFe® implementation. The course covers facilitation of cross-team interactions in support of program execution and relent less improvement. It enhances the Scrum paradigm with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices; the application of Kanban to facilitate the flow of value; and supporting interactions with architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders in the larger program and enterprise contexts. The course offers actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explores practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise.
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (ASM).
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
· Existing Scrum Masters
· Team leaders, project managers, and others who have assumed the role of an Agile team facilitator in a SAFe® or enterprise Agile context
· Engineering and development managers who will be responsible forAgile execution and for coaching teams and teams of teams
· Agile coaches
· Agile Program Managers and prospective Release Train Engineers
After this course, you should be able to:
· Apply SAFe® principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching in the multi-team environment
· Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at the Team and Program levels
· Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
· Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture
· Apply Kanban and flow to optimize the team’s work
· Facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value
· Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles
· The Scaled Agile Framework ® (SAFe®), values, and Lean-Agile principles
· Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
· Program Increment planning, execution, and Inspect and Adapt workshops
· Quality engineering, Agile architecture, and DevOps practices
· Kanban for facilitating team and program flow of work
· Building high-performing teams
· Interaction with the system team, deployment, UX, architects, product owners, product management, and business owners
· Learning and Communities of Practice
Attendees of the SAFe® ASM course are required to have one of the following certificates: Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM), or Professional Scrum Master (PSM). Alternatively, SAFe Practitioners (SPs) who have attended the SAFe Scrum Master Orientation may also attend.
SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (ASM) certification
SAFe® Certification Kit
What You Get
The class registration includes:
· Attendee workbooks
· Online course feedback survey
· Eligibility to take the SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master exam with certification exam administration and scoring
· SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (ASM) attendance certificate upon request
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
· A SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master certificate
· A one-year certified membership as a SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master
· A SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master branding kit with the ASM certification mark
Renewals are yearly from the date of certification
· Renewal fee: $100
· Renewal requirement: 10 continuing education/outreach hours
Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
· Attendees may be eligible to apply for 16 Continuing Education –Strategic PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP and PMI-ACP certifications
· Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through the Scrum Alliance
Refunds: Refunds can be requested at least 10 business days prior to the event start date; from then on attendees are subject to the full registration cost. Substitutions are welcome at any time before the start of the event. Registrants who fail to attend are subject to the full registration cost, but can transfer to another class after paying a $100 processing fee. To obtain cancellation approval or substitute a registration, please call us at 954-784-3674.
Certifications: Upon successful completion of our class you will be registered to take the required test. Part of your ability to get certified includes the following expectations:
1 - that you will be present for our full two days together, and
2 - that you will be engaged and participating during our two days together.
Please note that presence alone does not qualify participants for certification, nor does knowledge of the subject matter coming into class. Working in class on personal and/or business activities, such as email, or being absent from the session for external meetings or other activities are not acceptable. If you choose to engage in such behaviors you will not be made certification-eligible by the instructor.
Cancellations: An unforeseen circumstance may force a class to be canceled in spite of our best intentions. Should that occur you are welcome to transfer to another Winnow Management class or receive a full refund limited to the amount you paid at the time of registration.
Use of electronics in class: Unlike other training sessions you may have experienced, our classes expect an extensive amount of interaction and participation. We encourage note-taking, but the old-fashioned way with pen and paper. This tends to increase retention compared with taking notes on a laptop or pad while minimizing distractions, not only for the note-taker but also for others in the class. We therefore ask that you only bring electronics for use during breaks.