This class runs from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm both days.
SAFe® 4.0 Advanced Scrum Master Course with ASM Certification
Special Weekend Edition!
Come to our class and meet an instructor who is an experienced business person, a former executive, a PMPs, and/or someone engaged in Ph. D. Level Agile research. We specialize in globally distributed Agile teams, scaling Agile, and Agile transformations. We have helped thousands of Agilists in Fortune 500 companies, enterprises, and startups to learn and implement industry proven pracOur instructors are engaged in Ph. D.tices. This class prepares you to pass the required SAFe certification exam. We have one of the highest certification exam passing rate in the market. As part of our guarantee to succeed, our students are welcome to retake any of our Scaled Agile classes as they prepare for their certification (this opportunity is good for the same class and class version for one year after your original sitting and does not include exam extension or retake fees as required by the SAFe organization.) Testimonials
- "Our Instructor provided helpful examples from industry, news or even his own experiences to further drive concepts."
- "I enjoyed the various exercises we did in the class. Our Instructor was really good in providing the learning experience from each activity and how it applies to SAFe."
- "Our Instructor created a nice collaborative atmosphere encouraging the students to share their questions and knowledge."
This two-day course prepares existing Scrum Masters to take a leadership role in facilitating Agile team, program, and enterprise success in a SAFe® implementation. The course covers facilitation of cross-team interactions in support of program execution and relentless improvement. It enhances the Scrum paradigm with an introduction to scalable engineering and DevOps practices; the application of Kanban to facilitate the flow of value; and supporting interactions with architects, product management, and other critical stakeholders in the larger program and enterprise contexts. The course offers actionable tools for building high-performing teams and explores practical ways of addressing Agile and Scrum anti-patterns in the enterprise.
Attending the class prepares you to take the exam and become a certified SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (ASM).
The following individuals will benefit from this course:
- Existing Scrum Masters
- Team leaders, project managers, and others who have assumed the role of an Agile team facilitator in a SAFe® or enterprise Agile context
- Engineering and development managers who will be responsible for Agile execution and for coaching teams and teams of teams
- Agile coaches
- Agile Program Managers and prospective Release Train Engineers
After this course, you should be able to:
- Apply SAFe® principles to facilitation, enablement, and coaching in the multi-team environment
- Build a high-performing team and foster relentless improvement at the Team and Program levels
- Address Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Support the adoption of engineering practices, DevOps, and Agile architecture
- Apply Kanban and flow to optimize the team’s work
- Facilitate program planning, execution, and delivery of end-to-end systems value
- Support learning through participation in Communities of Practice and innovation cycles
- The Scaled Agile Framework ® (SAFe®), values, and Lean-Agile principles
- Agile and Scrum anti-patterns
- Program Increment planning, execution, and Inspect and Adapt workshops
- Quality engineering, Agile architecture, and DevOps practices
- Kanban for facilitating team and program flow of work
- Building high-performing teams
- Interaction with the system team, deployment, UX, architects, product owners, product management, and business owners
- Learning and Communities of Practice
Attendees of the SAFe® ASM course are required to have one of the following certificates: Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM), or Professional Scrum Master (PSM). Alternatively, SAFe Practitioners (SPs) who have attended the SAFe Scrum Master Orientation may also attend.
SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (ASM) certification
SAFe® Certification Kit
Attendees who pass the exam will receive:
- A SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master certificate
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master
- A SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master branding kit with the ASM certification mark
What You Get
The class registration includes:
- Attendee workbooks
- Online course feedback survey
- Eligibility to take the SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master exam with certification exam administration and scoring
- SAFe® Advanced Scrum Master (ASM) attendance certificate upon request
Renewals are yearly from the date of certification
- Renewal fee: $100
- Renewal requirement: 10 continuing education/outreach hours
- Units (PDUs) and Scrum Education Units (SEUs)
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for 16 Continuing Education – Strategic PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP and PMI-ACP certifications
- Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance