LIVE ONLINE COURSE
This class runs from 9:00 am to 5:30 pm EDT on both days.
The 2-day Scrum Product Owner Certification class is suitable for those practicing or looking to practice the art of the Product Owner. While no experience is necessary, attendees should have some familiarity with Scrum.
What you need for class:
- reliable broadband internet connection that supports video streaming
- video camera
- quiet area free of external distractions
- background that you are comfortable sharing
- computer/laptop/iPad with no security issues using Zoom/Miro, including using video
- log in 15 minutes prior to the start of class to ensure that you have no connection or software issues
- Click here to view a class outline.
- Ensure you have a current version of your operating system
- Download and test the latest version of Zoom https://zoom.us/test
- Read/View at least one if not all of the following resources:
- The Scrum Guide: https://www.scrumguides.org
Participants can claim 16 PDUs or Contact Hours with the PMI.
Upon successful completion of our Certified Scrum Product Owner class (CSPO) you will be registered with the Scrum Alliance as a Certified Scrum Product Owner. The CSPO does not require an exam to be certified at this time. Part of your ability to get certified includes the following expectations:
1 - that you will be present for our full two days together, and
2 - that you will be engaged and participating during our two days together.
Product Owner High-Level Objectives:
- Agile, The Manifesto, and Agile Principles
- Delivery constraints of time, budget, and scope
- The Scrum Framework – what it is and how it works
- Continuous Improvement Simulation
- A deeper look into the Scrum roles
- Who should perform the PO Role
- Creating a Vision
- Creating a Roadmap
- Creating a Product Backlog
- Ordering vs. Prioritizing
- User Roles
- Writing User Stories
- Managing a changing Product Backlog
- Planning a Release
- Estimating Work
- Projecting a schedule
- The Cost of Change